Facility Development and Management, LLC (FDM) is a company that provides consultative, developmental and management of free-standing ambulatory surgery centers throughout the United States. Since its founding in 1992 by Edward P. Hetrick, FDM has successfully developed over 45 centers that are either Medicare certified and/or state licensed.
The Professionals of FDM have considerable experience in a wide range of clinical and administrative aspects within the healthcare arena that enables the company to provide to physician clients the services needed to establish and operate a successful operation.
FDM’s services include, but are not limited to:
- Optimum understanding of the regulatory environment
- Feasibility analysis for determination of scope of a potential center
- Strong clinical knowledge base of ambulatory surgery centers’ challenges
- Architects and contractors who have a wealth of hands-on knowledge in the design and execution of centers
- Financial support and legal resources
- Equipment planning and purchasing through national contracts
- Employee relations to include benefits and salary structures
- Reimbursement systems
- Daily operations management
- Operational auditing services
The regulatory changes that have occurred in recent years have resulted in a tremendous increase in the number of projects and joint ventures by hospitals and physicians as they react to the impact on reimbursement and allowed organizational structures. As a natural extension, FDM developed feasibility studies, created financial models and implemented numerous projects because of our success with clients in both the hospital and private practice settings. Our understanding of the revenue system and knowledge of the costs associated with the provision of services through our unique hands-on experience, have led to successful implementations and profitable ventures.
To that end, FDM commits our resources to ensure that we are knowledgeable of all new and emerging technologies pertaining to the ASC industry. This is accomplished by our active participation in National and State organizations such as:
- Federated Ambulatory Surgery Association (FASA)
- New York State Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (NYSAASC)
- Florida Society of Ambulatory Surgical Centers (FSASC)